Heart of the Community Awards
Do you know someone on the North Shore who deserves recognition for their contribution to our community? Do you know an organization that has been pivotal in community development?
In celebration of our community we will shine the spotlight on good people doing good things!
- HEART OF GOLD: This individual has contributed to their community through thoughtfulness and consideration of their neighbours. They have demonstrated compassion and care for others or have performed an act of kindness in their community.
- YOUTH RISE ABOVE: This award is given to a person between the ages of 10-24 who has overcome challenges and has empowered themselves under difficult circumstances. This resilient individual is on the way to achieving his or her potential.
- WELCOMING NEIGHBOUR: This award recognizes an individual who has created opportunities in big or small ways for a newcomer, or has demonstrated a commitment to creating a welcoming community for all.
- COMMUNITY COLLABORATOR: This award recognizes a local agency, business or organization that has innovatively collaborated to meet the needs of North Shore residents. Their partnerships create opportunities that benefit our neighbours of all ages by sharing resources, supporting and building on each other’s strengths and provide a model for how strong communities are built.
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY:
- All nominees must be North Shore residents.
- Nominations may be submitted by an individual or a community group
- Nominations will not be accepted from a family member or someone living in the same property.
- Employees or contractors of the House are not eligible for nomination.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: MARCH 15, 2013
AWARDS EVENT: APRIL 24, 2013
5:00 P.M. NORTH SHORE NEIGHBOUHOOD HOUSE
Awards presented at Annual General Meeting