Discover how your garden grows with GardenSmart organic gardening programs. The GardenSmart series explores gardening through the seasons on the North Shore is hosted by the Edible Garden Project of North Shore Neighbourhood House. It is funded by the District of North Vancouver, City of North Vancouver and District of West Vancouver. At GardenSmart workshops, you’ll learn how to:
- Plan your garden
- Build your soil
- Start and save seeds
- Grow your first vegetable garden
- Attract beneficial insects
- Garden in containers
- Preserve the food that you grow
- And more!
GardenSmart programs are priced to remain accessible to everyone in our community. You can register by clicking the link for each workshop below. If you are unable to book online, you can call the Edible Garden Project at 604-987-8138 ex 231 or email email@example.com.
Spring 2020 Workshops (Mar-Jun)
- Sat, Mar 7, 11:30am: Pollinator Gardening & Seed Libraries with Hives for Humanity (during the North Shore Seedy Saturday!)
- Sat, Mar 7, 1pm: Seed Saving 101 (during the North Shore Seedy Saturday!)
- Wed, May 15, 6-7:30pm: Veggie Gardening 101 at the North Van City Library
- Sat, June 20, 1-2:30pm: Honey Beekeeping 101 at Loutet Farm
- stay tuned for upcoming workshops!
Summer/Fall 2020 Workshops (Jul-Nov)
- Stay tuned!