The North Shore Community Garden Society (NSCGS) is seeking a volunteer vice president
About the NSCGS
The purpose of the North Shore Community Garden Society is to oversee the use and management of new community gardens on the North Shore. Our aim is to:
• promote a diversity of approaches to sustainable gardening
• encourage co-operation, education and community involvement
• share and develop knowledge and practice of organic gardening
• promote well-being by providing access to garden space, and to public gathering space.
• establish and maintain a sustainable method of bio-diverse gardening.
Vice President Responsibilities
The Vice President:
- Shall attend monthly General Meetings.
- Shall preside as Chair at all General Meetings in the absence of the President. If neither are present within 30 minutes of the called time, the attending members shall appoint an elected committee member to take the chair for the duration of the meeting.
- Shall be responsible for initiating/coordinating community garden and grant proposals
- Shall be the key point of contact for the individual community garden coordinators.
- Shall assist the NSCGS President in his/her duties.
Please submit a short paragraph describing why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 10th, 2010