Join us August 6th and 7th and gain hands on experience in basic construction.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn some basic tools and carpentry skills, do home fix-it projects yourself, or if you have a project idea but aren’t sure how to build it… then this workshop is for you! Learn basic carpentry skills and practice using hand and power tools in a safe and supportive women-only environment. The course runs over 2 days, and will cover; tool use and safety, setting up a small foundation, framing and installing walls, putting on a roof and (time permitting) siding. We will build a small garden shed from start to finish with hands-on instruction from Kimi Hendess (jouneywoman carpenter)
- To register email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 604-987-8138 ext. 209 (please leave name/contact info)
- sliding scale: $70-$150 (pre-payment preferred, cash or cheque payable to the North Shore Neighbourhood House)
- no experience, skills or tools required
- Workshop will run rain or shine – please wear appropriate clothing!
- Workshop will run 8:30am-3:30pm, please plan to attend both days
- Snacks will be provided, please bring a lunch
- Maximum 12 participants