The Edible Garden Project exists because hundreds of people contribute thousands of volunteer hours every year. We couldn’t be more excited to have you involved – our volunteers bring energy, enthusiasm, and knowledge to our team! We have opportunities for everyone, from beginner to expert gardeners, and from drop-in to weekly commitments. Join us!
At the end of the day if you don’t feel happy, satisfied, like you learned something new, inspired, and have some dirt under your fingernails, then something is not right! We’re happy to work with you to find the right fit, and we’re always open to hearing your ideas too.
- Read about our Volunteer Opportunities or check our Events Calendar for Drop-in Workbees
- Fill in our online Volunteer Application Form
- We will set you up with a schedule, orientation, and a location to get started.
- Dive in and get your hands dirty!
- Market Crew – Help prepare for, set-up, and run our Farm Gate Sales at Loutet Farm
- Sharing Gardens – Work with a team to grow fresh vegetables for donation
- Loutet Farm – Attend a drop-in workbee, or make a commitment to help with harvesting
- School Garden Program – Help deliver awesome elementary school programs
- The Food Hub – Run our Sharing Garden produce table at the North Vancouver food bank
- Harvest Pick-up – Pick up fresh veggies from the Lonsdale Farmer’s Market for donation
- If nothing here works for you, email Mary to talk about other options!
Corporate Volunteering & Team Building:
We welcome large volunteer groups at Loutet Farm! If your business, team, or club would like to spend a few hours working together to improve your community.
With about an acre of garden space across the North Shore, we have a lot of hands-on opportunities for team building and volunteering. Typically large groups are hosted at Loutet Farm (up to 60ppl), we provide the tools and instruction for a fun day, and your team gets to support a fantastic social enterprise.Learn More
- Sharing some season highlights
- We’re Hiring! – Education Coordinator
- An Update from Emma!
- Help Teach Kids to Grow Food
- Family Friendly Workbees
- New Sharing Garden!
- We Need Perennial Plants
- Build a New Sharing Garden
- New Sharing Garden Build
- Belonging & Volunteering – part 1