We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about outdoor education, loves spending time with kids and youth, and has a strong background in farming, gardening and/or food – is it YOU?! Check out the full posting below and apply today!
EDIBLE GARDEN PROJECT
POSITION: Education Coordinator
FULL TIME POSITION: 30 hours per week
COMPENSATION: $20.00 per hour plus benefits
Application Deadline: Monday, June 17th, 2019 – Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Submit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The North Shore Neighbourhood House is a not-for-profit registered charity serving the North Shore community since 1939. We believe working together to meet the grassroots needs of our neighbours, especially our most vulnerable residents, is essential to building a safe, healthy and strong community. The House values and promotes cooperation, respect and empowerment through the provision of programs and services designed to meet the needs of individuals and the community as a whole.
The Edible Garden Project (EGP) is a program of North Shore Neighbourhood House. The EGP is actively increasing land used for food production, building knowledge and skills around food gardening and working with municipalities to increase opportunities for urban agriculture.
Under the supervision of the EGP Program Manager, the Education Coordinator oversees and leads the planning, organizing and implementation of learning programs and events for children and youth.
The position of Education Coordinator is responsible for the EGP’s education programs for children and youth. The role includes program planning, development, and instruction. The candidate will seek new learning opportunities while creating and modifying programs and activities to meet the ever-changing needs of individual learners, the community, and the program vision. As a key external representative of the NSNH/EGP, the Education Coordinator will utilize excellent judgement to develop credible and meaningful relationships with businesses, schools, daycares, pre-schools and the community. The Education Coordinator will work closely with the EGP Program Manager to identify opportunities and resolve concerns. The responsibilities will be done while ensuring consistency with the mission and vision of the North Shore Neighbourhood House.
-Develop and maintain professional contacts.
-Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with businesses, industries, schools and the community.
Program Development and Implementation
– Lead, design, initiate, and implement learning programs and events for children and youth.
– Responsible for the creation and implementation of the Edible Garden Education Program (EGEP) which may compliment school curriculum, engage children and youth, and help fulfill teacher’s needs.
– Educate using visits to school gardens and EGP gardens and farms.
– Develop/create courses and programs to meet the needs of children and youth for after school and during the summer.
– Maintain program records and statistics.
– In conjunction with the Program Manager, the Education Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, orientation and coordination of program volunteers.
– Communicate program activities.
– Collaborate on the design of specific marketing materials.
– Promote program activities internally and externally.
Requirements / qualifications
– Passionate about environmental education and growing food.
– Teaching experience with children in an outdoor setting.
– Ability to devise, research, prepare, and deliver exciting and engaging learning sessions.
– Strong gardening knowledge and expertise
– Strong interpersonal, relationship building skills.
– Excellent oral and written skills.
– Ability to problem solve and take initiative.
– Strong organizational and planning skills.
– Proficient in a variety of computer applications.
– Familiarity with the North Shore community and community service.
– Familiarity with the B.C. Curriculum
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
– Experience working in the non-profit sector.
– Flexible schedule. Tues, Wed., Thurs. AM mandatory. Includes occasional weekend events.
– Access to a vehicle.
– Completion of a criminal record check is required.
To submit your application:
Email subject line: FIRST NAME_LAST NAME_EducationCoord
Cover Letter and Resume: Please send as One PDF document, 3 page maximum (1 page cover letter, 2 page resume) with this file name: FIRST NAME_LAST NAME_EducationCoord
Email to: email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.Share EGP!